1. Thinking… that I live too much in my head and that I need to get into my body and feel my heart. It’s okay to feel.
2. Enjoying… watching the rise and fall of that cat’s belly and chest as she gently snores and makes soft sleepy sounds. She makes the floor look incredibly comfortable.
3. Feeling… a ball of anxiety grow in my belly, and remember to breathe slowly, deeply, and pull myself back into the moment.
4. Wearing… a light blue pajama shirt and black shorts. My hair is still mussed and I’ve two eyeliner smudged black eyes. You’d probably think I’d been in a brawl.
5. Needing… to step away from the keyboard and wash off the black eyes, get dressed and prepare for the day.
6. Wanting… just a few more moments to close my eyes and bring myself to the here and now.
7. Listening… to the furnace hum and wanting to stay cozied up at home today. But as I look out the window and see the sky lighten I’m reminded I’d best get off my bum and get ready for work.
8. Eating… toasted chocolate chip waffles. No butter. No syrup.
9. Drinking… iced coffee with caramel. I love when the ice chunks are small enough to chomp, chomp, chomp on without breaking a tooth!
10. Making… a plan not to have a plan today.
What are you in these moments?